CICA participated in the Annual Meeting of the Sustainable Infrastructure Foundation (SIF) in Washington on April 19th, 2017.
CICA Director General delivered a speech in the panel “Contractors and long-term investors strategy, gathering inputs into Source to better reflect their needs”.
The main messages were the following:
Since the initial Asian Development Bank’s initiative with the National Infrastructure Information Systems (NIIS) Project, CICA has been supporting the long but rigorous and multi-stakeholders development leading to the creation of a platform to improve the preparation of infrastructure projects.
CICA believes the International Infrastructure Support System, now denominated as SOURCE, is decisive to:
- Improve the quality of the projects;
- Facilitate the prioritization and planning;
- Decrease transaction costs and accelerate the upstream phase of projects;
- Widen the competition at the benefit of the Development Aid’s recipient countries and facilitate a broad participation of foreign and local Small and Medium Enterprises in infrastructure projects;
- Take into account the fiscal and budgetary aspects of infrastructure projects;
- Use and improve the public accounting rules (IPSAS) throughout the project cycle (Valuation/amortization, provisions in particular for the maintenance and rehabilitation, depreciation).
- Identify and mitigate of the risks thanks to facilitated exchanges between the stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development of integrity and transparency.
CICA supports the efforts of the Sustainable Infrastructure Foundation to encourage sectors such as water, electricity, facility management but also financiers and investors to get involved in the SOURCE project too.
CICA is soliciting the contribution from its members’ federations.