In the margins of its Spring Board meeting in Washington, CICA met with World Bank Group representatives from May 17th to May 19th, 2016.
The CICA delegation was made of 26 people including representatives from the Inter-American Federation of the Construction Industry (FIIC) – Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Panama, Uruguay – ; the European International Contractors (EIC) – Belgium, France, Netherlands, Turkey – ; Overseas Construction of Japan Inc. (OCAJI).
It was the occasion to learn more about the World Bank’s new procurement framework and its implementation but also to have fruitful discussions on sustainable development and building capacities in the Low and Middle Income Developing Countries.
The delegation also met with the International Finance Corporation (IFC)’s Advisory Services in Public-Private Partnerships and with the Public-Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility (PPIAF). One key focus was the concept of Well Prepared Project.
Finally, a meeting with the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) allowed the participants to familiarize with MIGA’s underwriting criteria and country risk appetite.
Session with Operations Policy and Country Services (OPCS)
Session with Macroeconomics & Fiscal Management Global Practice
Session with Sustainable Development Global Practice
- Climate Change resilience and adaptation: 21st century solutions from the dredging industry, by Sander DEKKER, Van Oord, Netherlands
- Building procurement capacity for the private sector: the role of professional associations, by Vincent DETEMMERMAN, Confederation Construction, Belgium
“Brown Bag Lunch” with Operations
- The case for Performance-based road maintenance contracts and their possible use for the development and training of the local industry, by Michel DEMARRE, SEFI, France
- Including Environment, Security, Health and Hygiene clauses in Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs)-financed contracts, by Frank KEHLENBACH, European International Contractors
- Promoting technical and managerial professional training for the local construction industry on the occasion of MDBs-financed contracts, by Roger FISZELSON, CICA
Session with Public-Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility (PPIAF)
Session with International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Session with Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)