CICA held its Spring General Assembly and Board meetings & Side events in Mexico City, at the invitation of the Mexican Chamber of the Construction Industry (CMIC), with the support of the Inter-American Federation of the Construction Industry (FIIC). Cf. General Program
The General Assembly held on April 23, 2018, introduced by Francisco SOLARES, National Secretary of CMIC, was the opportunity for CICA Members to learn about and comment the recent works developed by the different working groups.
The seminar organized on April 24, 2018 gathered high level experts from different backgrounds and geographic areas. The PowerPoint presentations are available:
- Mexican experience in infrastructure financing by Sergio FORTE GOMEZ, Deputy CEO of Infrastructure Promotion, BANOBRAS (National Bank of Works and Public Services S.N.C. Mexican Government)
- Infrastructure market & trends (incl. PPP projects) in South Korea by Tae-Won PARK, Committee Chairman, Construction Development, Construction Association of Korea (CAK) and Vice-Chairman, Doosan Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.
- A presentation of SOURCE by Pierre SARRAT, COO Sustainable Infrastructure Foundation (SIF)
- Conditions to increase the private initiatives in the construction of infrastructure by Abel LOPEZ, Urban Transport Specialist, Latin America & Caribbean, World Bank Transport and Information and Communications Technologies Global Practice (in Spanish due to World Bank language policy)
- Importance of closing the Infrastructure Gap: Public-Private Partnership (PPP) schemes advantages by Fernando LAGO, Head of Strategic Thinking, Argentina Construction Chamber and Chairman of CICA working group on PPPs
- Bridging the infrastructure gap: Funding and Cases of Success by Jorge MAS, CICA President